Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Don't let others bring you down.

What are your triggers? People, places, smells, or sounds? Have you learned how to set your boundaries? Or do you know what your boundaries are?

by Animalover » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:07 am

I am not going to let my bipolar type 1 define me. I know who the heck I am. A lot of people judge people who have any mental illness. But you know what?? It doesn't define you a single bit. And don't let anyone bring you down.
Without struggle, there is no strength.
Animalover

by Spm24 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:10 pm

Your right don't let it define you.. don't let it control you. Don't let anyone rain on your parade...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by MaxQ » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:56 pm

I'm learning slowly that it's just a part of me. Slowly.
I like fire, smoke, and noise.
MaxQ

by About » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:29 pm

When i manage my mental illness, my mental health, then my cheerful disposition, my patience, my calm and accepting attitude defines me. When I don't manage it. Skip meds, skip therapy, abuse drugs. Then the idiot that i become defines me. I cannot speak for others because everyone's illness is not the same and for most of my 56 years i have failed to manage mine. But i do believe that it's possible.A few years ago I got a letter from my brother,whom i have always gotten along with, saying that no matter how long i did well he believed i would never change , never manage. I refuse to believe that. If i ever think that way then what's the point.. I must remain positive.
About

Return to Triggers and Boundaries