Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Anger...

What are your triggers? People, places, smells, or sounds? Have you learned how to set your boundaries? Or do you know what your boundaries are?

by Animalover » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:02 pm

How do you control anger outbursts? Anyone? I really need the advise. :|
Animalover

by AvantGarde » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:39 pm

Therapy ;) Sorry to keep pushing that on you, but it's the way to deal with BP: meds and therapy.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Stuckles » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:12 pm

AG is right, it takes a combination of medication to control the mood swings and therapy to learn the necessary exercises to deal with it appropriately and even prevent irretability from escalating to a point of rage. One important thing I had learned, at the very least to save those around me from my outbursts, is to give myself some space and time to cool down and think more rationally.
Stuckles

by Duckysmom » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:55 am

Therapy to learn coping strategies. I know you're resistant to the idea, but I hope you will reconsider at some point. It's how I learned coping strategies and how to disquingish between justified anger that is over tge top or symptoms of my mania coming up.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Animalover » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:13 pm

Psychologists I have gone to, they never have helped me try to cope or anything on how to control my anger. I have been to 7 psychologists. I'm crying out to my doctor on who I should go to and he keeps saying psychologists. I don't like going place to place to place getting adjusted to different people then leaving to go to another one. Ahhh
Animalover

Return to Triggers and Boundaries