Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

what to do - you start you lose control and triggers are the

What are your triggers? People, places, smells, or sounds? Have you learned how to set your boundaries? Or do you know what your boundaries are?

by Agnes777 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:26 am

Hello, I am new here, occasionaly I take anti-anxiety drugs, I still need to visit a psychiatrist. From the forum I have learned that recognizing triggers and managing mood shifts is an imporatnt factor to stay stable. As far as I know, it is important to avoid too much stress. I guess healthy, stable lifestyle and good diet are also important, but what else can be done if I feel that I am heading towards a major mood shift and I am afraid that I will do something stupid??
Is the only solution going to the doctor and taking mood stabilizers?
Agnes777

by Spm24 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:14 am

It is not the only solution but if it is bad enough mood shift then it is the best one.

If you feel your mood starting to shift it is good to distract your brain. Coloring does that for a lot of people. A therapist can give you coping mechanisms...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

Return to Triggers and Boundaries