Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Summer is a trigger for Bp crisis ?

What are your triggers? People, places, smells, or sounds? Have you learned how to set your boundaries? Or do you know what your boundaries are?

by libellula » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:19 am

The last two summer have been really difficult for me and each summer I had terrible crisis for which I needed urgent medical help for my stability. According to your experience is there a linkage between summer and instability?
libellula

by AvantGarde » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:27 am

Yes, seasonal changes are a risk for crisis. It depends on the person how it affects them, for me it's winter and spring. This year summer too, but I'm thinking that's from the trauma therapy and not the season.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:33 am

As AG said seasonal changes can cause BP swings. Not sure what mine are but I know from spring to Sumer was good for me. But winter to spring was a little of adventure to me. Not sure if that was just from not being stable yet or not. Only time will tell on any of them...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Duckysmom » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:13 am

Winter is the worst for me. Ibdive down into depression very easily. Summer usually makes me a bit hypomanic, but mybpdoc and I were prepared this year. Still, trauma therapy is also dampening that down a bit. I'm most comfortable early fall and late spring, meaning stable.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Mocha » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:38 am

lib, just curious......has it always been like this, or has there been some situational things going on the past two summers?

Not saying it's not a seasonal cycle for you, not at all.

I've been doing this forever and I know my normal cycles like the back of my hand.
Early spring/summer when everything is budding out, becoming so beautiful, etc......that's when I have my worst depressions. Most folks go manic then......I wish....:roll:

The dp usually lasts until the Summer Solstice, then my mood lifts.

I love the fall, Halloween is my favorite holiday, so much fun..... :) .....but then the f'ing time change comes along and screws everything up for a couple of weeks.......but other than that......I LOVE winter......!

But it's manageble......thanks to pdoc/tdoc......we adjust meds when necessary and all that. It's not as bad as it sounds.....lol.......

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by libellula » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:10 am

Thanks for all your replies.

Mocha, summer has been always a difficult period to be managed, in a way or in an other. Only when I was very young I liked summer for the end of the school!

The last two summer, better three summer including this one, I have passed through difficult situation due to my daughter social problem, the increasing difficulties with my husband and then my mom.
libellula

by grandelusi » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:15 am

For me it's mania during summer and spring. Depression during fall and winter. I am seasonal bipolar obviously :roll:
Even I have depression during mania but shortly and mania during depression. Again, shortly.
grandelusi

by Mocha » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:29 am

libellula wrote: Only when I was very young I liked summer for the end of the school!

I also loved the end of the school year.....I HATED school..... :shock: If I had my way, I wouldn't have gone at all....lol

The last two summer, better three summer including this one, I have passed through difficult situation due to my daughter social problem, the increasing difficulties with my husband and then my mom.

It does sound as if you have had a lot of situational stuff going on. That always makes things so much worse. I think mine has been much more stressfull this year, due to idiot who is supposed to be running our country. Yeah....right into the ground.... :?

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

Return to Triggers and Boundaries