Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Time of day?

What are your triggers? People, places, smells, or sounds? Have you learned how to set your boundaries? Or do you know what your boundaries are?

by Alison » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:34 pm

I know I have heard about seasons changing people but does anyone else feel like no matter what type of feelings are happening one time of the day or night is worse? I don't mean bedtime and trouble sleeping, but like every evening about 4-5 ish I can always feel my mood kinda fizzle out. Sometimes I cry, get mad, feel anxious, I can't seem to figure it out. There is no specific trigger I can figure out. All I know is that this time of day has consistently been a downer for me. Anyone else have something like this?
Alison

by Spm24 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:48 pm

Alison,

Never had this. But we are all wired differently. So what happens to me might not happen to you. But you already knew that. Hopefully someone else can help you with this topic...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by SlyPixie » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:54 pm

Sunset. Always around sunset. It's a shame because I actually like sunsets, they're beautiful. Something about it though... I can't figure it out.
Not all who wander are lost.

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean that it's not there.
SlyPixie

by Mocha » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Alison, I get what you're talking about, but for me it's the mornings, usually when I first wake up.

But it only happens when I'm struggling with depression or mixed states.

I'm a night owl.....never go to bed before 2am at the earliest, always sleep in. but when my mood is in a bad place, sometimes I lay there thinking the worst......and if I'm having SI that's when it's the worst too.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Duckysmom » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:58 am

Mornings used to be my worst time of day, but I have been on a strict sleep schedule and as long as I keep on it they're not so bad. But sometime around 2 in the afternoon, my mood falters, I start to fall. My pdoc now has me take my benzo at noon every day, whether or not I think I need it then, and that cycle seems to have gotten a lot better.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Mandatorik » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:03 pm

I have times of the day where I can tell my mood will be switching. Between 2 and 3 I feel a switch where I get low - happens almost everyday. And mornings if my sleep hasn't been the best.
Mandatorik

by Mom2dani » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:51 pm

I've noticed for me it's also afternoon. Between 1-3. I don't know if it's because I'm holding things in and not noticing. Or when work slows down and I'm bored. But it sucks. So I can totally relate.
"Today, I will trust this process and this journey that I have undertaken"
Mom2dani

by MaxQ » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:26 am

3:52 pm everyday. Wish I could skip over that minute.
I like fire, smoke, and noise.
MaxQ

Return to Triggers and Boundaries