Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Jeff Sessions is a fucking moron

The Latest Controversies.

by Mocha » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:54 am

yes, that's what I said......jeff sessions is a fucking moron....... :evil: He can't even stand up to trump, so far up trump's ass he hasn't seen daylight in two years, even though trump treats him like shit.....lies about his involvement with the Russians in front of the congressional committee over and over, has always been a racist, etc.....so what does he do now?

He's going after the pot industry.......right after CA opened the doors to legal/recreational pot.

And right after all these anti-pot folks went to see him in DC. They don't care how much tax revenue the pot industry has brought in. Colorado has passed the $500 million mark since recreational pot became legal three years ago......money for schools, mental health programs, homeless, housing, etc, and yes, in fighting the opioid epidemic. Same with other states, and will be the same for CA.

More and more folks could end up in jail/prisons for minor offenses......how stupid. More overcrowding.....more money spent on housing for these folks which is paid for with your taxes. More lives destroyed for nothing.

I could go on and on, but I'm way too pissed........ :evil:

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob
Mocha
Site Admin

by hal » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Tonight on TV tonight the former head of the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) was saying federal government policy in his time was to go after the most dangerous drugs. Jeff Sessions is unlikely to follow this example.

First, the numbers:

"According to the Bureau of Prisons, there are 207,847 people incarcerated in federal prisons. Roughly half (48.6 percent) are in for drug offenses."

"African Americans and whites use drugs at similar rates, but the imprisonment rate of African Americans for drug charges is almost 6 times that of whites."

Jeff Sessions is a racist. Here are some of the things he has said:

“The NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People), the Southern Christian Leadership Conference Martin Luther King's organization), Operation PUSH (African American) and the National Council of Churches were all un-American organizations teaching anti-American values."

Organizations like the NAACP “force civil rights down the throats of people.”

“I thought those guys [the Ku Klux Klan] were OK until I learned they smoked pot.”

“You know the NAACP hates white people; they are out to get them. That is why they bring these lawsuits, and they are a commie group and a pinko organization as well.”
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Pancake » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:56 pm

:shock:

Politics needs a serious fucking overhaul. (Here too :evil:) I hope things change dramatically at your next election.

How will that work for the democrats, do they go through the whole nomination/pre-voting circus again..?
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by hal » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:16 pm

The 2018 election is for some state and local offices as well as for the House of Representatives (two-year terms) and 1/3 of the Senate (six year terms). There are primaries to nominate candidates for each party.

Traditionally, fewer people vote during these "off-year" (non-Presidential) elections, but it will probably be different this year, what with all the controversy that has arisen.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Mocha » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:07 pm

hal wrote:Traditionally, fewer people vote during these "off-year" (non-Presidential) elections, but it will probably be different this year, what with all the controversy that has arisen.

hal, I agree, the midterms will def be different this year.....just like the special elections we've had recently. Everyone is taking this stuff very seriously now and it's our chance to do something about it.

Pancake wrote:How will that work for the democrats, do they go through the whole nomination/pre-voting circus again..?

Pan, that's for the 2020 presidential election......for the Dems and Republicans.

Mocha
Site Admin

by Pancake » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:33 pm

Ok, so.... no presidential election til 2020. That's so far away :S

What happens if... when... the president's relevant political party is a minority in both houses?
Pancake

by hal » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:37 pm

Pancake wrote:What happens if... when... the president's relevant political party is a minority in both houses?
The president gets impeached. But he might not be convicted, becauses that requires a 2/3 vote in the senate.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Mocha » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:43 pm

Pancake wrote:What happens if... when... the president's relevant political party is a minority in both houses?

The dems will be in control again as it should be.......... :lol:

Mocha
Site Admin

by Pancake » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:36 pm

hal wrote:The president gets impeached. But he might not be convicted, becauses that requires a 2/3 vote in the senate.

You mean criminal (?) Charges though, right, because they'll have the votes to instigate? He can't be impeached for losing a majority, surely...?

So, this seems really ass backwards, if the president has done something criminal, why is he charged/convicted by a (potentially partisan) political vote, and not through the courts?

If he loses the majority and isn't impeached, does he stay president?
Pancake

by Mocha » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:49 pm

hal, forgive me......pan that doesn't automatically mean he's impeached if the Dems have control of the House & Senate again. So no, he can't be impeached simply for losing a majority.

Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:42 pm

He should've been impeached by now, everything he does and says is complete lunacy.

Edit lol.. sorry don't have much to add, just stating the obvious. I'm not sure why there isn't more pressure for an impeachment to be honest.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Steponme » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:35 pm

I've always been interested in politics, but I don't know where to get information. Is it just a matter of looking at several news sources and finding out what you agree with? I don't think there is such thing as an unbiased news source which is why I've struggled. I tend to lean more towards conservative, but I have a lot of democratic views.

Trump is a douche canoe.
Don't let your rubber ducky convince you that the world is an illusion after spilling pickle juice in you car while speeding down the highway trying to catch up to a pack of cows.
Steponme

by AvantGarde » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:50 pm

Steph, don't agree with a political view from what you read or watch on the news. Make an informed decision based on the political values of each political stance, party and politician. Study the history of each one to understand its' historical context. Otherwise you'll think they're all the same.

The news on itself are supposed to be impartial, but they're not anymore, so if you see humanitarian values being scorned, don't trust that news source.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Mom2dani » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:20 am

Steponme wrote:
Trump is a douche canoe.

Could not have said it better ;)
"Today, I will trust this process and this journey that I have undertaken"
Mom2dani

by hal » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:52 am

Pancake wrote:
hal wrote:The president gets impeached. But he might not be convicted, becauses that requires a 2/3 vote in the senate.

You mean criminal (?) Charges though, right, because they'll have the votes to instigate? He can't be impeached for losing a majority, surely...?
Impeachment is a political, not criminal, process. If the president (or any other office holder) is impeached by House of Representatives (majority vote), the case goes to the Senate, where a 2/3 vote is required for conviction, The office holder (president) is shown the door. At that point, criminal charges may be made. Opinions differ as to whether the president can be charged with a crime while in office. Not clear in the Constitution.

If he loses the majority and isn't impeached, does he stay president?
Yes.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Tigger » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:13 am

I just want to say how much I love this thread. :mrgreen:
_______

Mom to 12 year old boy with bipolar

Meds: 300mg Lamictal; 300mg Lithium; 7.5mg Abilify
Tigger