Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Cubs

The Latest Controversies.

by SoreBrain » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Last night was one of the greatest nights ever! I never thought I would get to watch my cubbies win the world series!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SoreBrain

by Spm24 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:10 am

SoreBrain,
Taking nothing away from the cubs but wish the tribe would have won.(not a baseball fan here) But from what little I did watch it seemed like a hell of a series and especially the last game. It could have went either way. So congratulations for your cubs.....
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by SlyPixie » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:44 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but in Back to the Future didn't they say that they were going to win????
Not all who wander are lost.

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean that it's not there.
SlyPixie

by Spm24 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:50 am

SlyPixie,

It was a year off it said 2015 not 2016, but still creepy....
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by SlyPixie » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:51 am

Yes, I had to go and Google it turns out they predicted that the cubs would win the World Series in 2015 only one year off...not a bad prediction though.
Not all who wander are lost.

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean that it's not there.
SlyPixie

by Mocha » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:52 am

YAY! for the Cubs.....I'm an Yanks fan, always have been since I was a little girl with my dad.

But the Cubbies are a different story.....My family always rooted for them too.....who knows.....maybe it that eternal hope of something, but we just knew one day they would make it and how awesome it would be.....

My family were big baseball fans and traveled to Chicago to see the Cubs play over the years....and of course just to see them play in Wrigley Field, .....It didn't matter to us that they lost... :lol: ..And then of of course, to hear Harry Caray sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" with the fans.....Wouldnt have missed it for anything.......

He passed in 1998......wished you could have been here for the big one, Harry..... :D .

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by briari » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:03 am

Parks and Rec totally called it!

In the finale (which aired in 2015), they jump ahead to the year 2017 and Andy is visiting Aziz's character in Chicago.

They walk past Wrigley and Aziz's girlfriend or something says, "Yeah, we're still feeling the excitement of winning the World Series."

Which means that they would have won this world series.

WHICH THEY DID.

Legit, the noise of the people cheering reached me in my house (a mile away) and woke me up at the exact moment they won.

I have to go downtown later for a new ID and expect the L to be a disaster.

But hey, YAY CUBBIES.
"But in the end, it’s only a passing thing,
this shadow. Even darkness must pass.
A new day will come. And when the sun
shines it will shine out the clearer."

-Samwise Gamgee
briari

by hal » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:08 pm

I always like the Cubbies 8-) and was glad to see them finally win.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

Return to In The News