Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Medication costs

The Latest Controversies.

by robinrules » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:51 am

Hey guys,

The drugs companies are talking about raising the prices of some of our meds. I don't know if all you guys have the access to get your meds. I just been looking at the news about the Epi pen scandal. So call your local politicians in your area to stop this. We also have a deadly disease.
robinrules

by Duckysmom » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:04 am

I remember the shock and horror and the meltdown I had a few years ago when I lost my health insurance and went to get my meds and the pharmacist tech very calmly said, "That will be $783."

Without insurance,some of us are sunk. It's absolutely the amount of money these drug companies can charge already. Raising costs will only hurt people more.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:25 am

The starter pack of one of my medicines was $550 and that was just for two weeks of it. Luckily with insurance it was only $50. Still expensive to me. But now it is free with Rx mail pharmacy.
Just looked up my Latuda. No insurance about $1000 for thirty days. With wife's insurance ninety day supply will be 60 dollars by mail or 30 dollars for thirty days.
All is ridiculous....But what do I know never took medication regularly ever in my life till this year's.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by SlyPixie » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:35 am

I just went and picked up my latuda I had to pay $50 for a 30 day supply... And I had to argue with the insurance company to cover it.
Not all who wander are lost.

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean that it's not there.
SlyPixie

by Spm24 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:05 pm

SlyPixie,
Through my insurance it would be full price the $1000 . Just reiterates that my wife has good insurance. Under mine my lamictal the generic brand would be $83 for thirty days. I will stick with wife's for free...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

Return to In The News