Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Shootings

The Latest Controversies.

by bobevt » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:07 pm

These mental ill people doing all the shootings are giving us a bad name! And making people afraid of us. What do you think?
bobevt

by Mocha » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:51 pm

bobevt wrote:These mental ill people doing all the shootings are giving us a bad name! And making people afraid of us. What do you think?

Hey bobevt.... :)

Personally I assume anytime anyone starts shooting up the place they have a mental problem. But I don't feel it's giving me or the rest of us bad name, and haven't noticed or heard anything about the fear you mentioned.

The lack of gun control in this country is what makes me afraid.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by robinrules » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:40 am

I feel it adds to the stigma. That's why we have to educate people.
robinrules

by Duckysmom » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:09 am

I agree with educating the public. I have started sharing my dx with those I trust. I watch terrified faces become calm once I say, "Do you know anything about that besides what you see on the nightly news? Let me give you some information." Besides,the nightly news too often takes a wild, damaging guess or the word of a nonprofessional as to the perpetrators illness/dx. And sometimes, they are just bullying assholes who never learned control in the first place.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by jdel9311 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Never heard that Bipolar people are murderers?? That is a giant leap. Some people are just evil for whatever reason. I think most Bipolar people like me hurt ourselves not others. I don't hide the fact that I have this disease.
jdel9311

by jdel9311 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:41 pm

Regarding gun control only law abiding citizens will comply. Those that are unlawful will always get a gun because why should they start following the law now. I'm from Texas so I am biased. But I want to be better armed than a thug with no regarding to following the law or my life. Just my opinion but I respect all that have different points of view.
jdel9311

by Pancake » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:51 pm

I'm from Australia, so I'm also biased.

http://www.sciencealert.com/review-of-1 ... trol-works
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Irishgirl » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:16 pm

I keep my dx out of the public. I am not worried folks around me know, I just don't feel like it's any body else's bizness.
Gun control is a tricky question. We have several around our house all legally owned. Puzzles my friends as I am super liberal.
I am for gun control. Many guns are purchased at gun shows which sell then the same day as purchased. Not much paperwork that follows that exchange.
I think if it saves even one life, it is worth it. We would never know because we only hear about the shooting after people die. Six year olds, babies have been shot with legal guns. We need to change laws that allow the gun owners to report concerns about the mental status of someone very close to them.
Irishgirl

by jdel9311 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:08 pm

Have you been to a gun show? Here in Texas we have to file the same forms for gun shows as we have to at Gun Stores. There is no gun show loop hole. That is misinformation. Cigarettes and alcohol kill more people than guns we need to make them illegal also.
jdel9311

by jdel9311 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Sorry, this site is probably to help us and make us feel good. Please forgive. I respect your view. To go back to the real issue how long ago were you diagnosed?
jdel9311

by Irishgirl » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:05 pm

jdell9311 no worries! I didn't mean for us to get off track . In Washington private dealers are not required to do background checks.
I was diagnosed 3 years ago. When I was diagnosed, everything in my past life came together. So many "aha!" Moments. I struggle like everyone here, it is nice to have this support
Irishgirl

by AvantGarde » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:29 pm

I'm from Portugal, so I'm extremelly biased.
It doesn't fit my mind why guns are even needed in a civilized society, gets me upset to hear about all the shootings and to see how normal it is to own weapons there. Really, I don't get it.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Mocha » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:52 pm

Guys, none of you have done anything wrong, but I feel this thread could become a potential minefield so I'm going to lock it.

thanks for understanding........ :)

**THIS THREAD IS LOCKED**
Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

Return to In The News